Beginner’s Guide To SupplementsDr. Sakshi Khullar
Three tried-and-true supplements to put your physique over the top.
Once you have a solid exercise and nutrition program in place, an equally solid supplementation plan will only enhance your ability to get bigger, stronger and leaner. However, as you have no doubt already seen, there is a lot of hype and misinformation surrounding the supplement industry. Before you fall in love with the most popular pre-workout supplement, or some random ingredient that a fitness “guru” promises will make you grow muscle like body hair, take a look at this guide, because all
you need to start with the right foot is here.
And don’t think that we’re going to sell you some stuff you can’t afford. Some of the most anabolic supplements can actually be obtained from whole foods. All of the following supplements, whether from whole foods or manufactured sources, help provide the nutritional foundation upon which you will build your best physique.
1. Whey Protein
Milk contains two main types of protein: whey and casein. Whey is soluble and makes up 20% of milk protein, while casein makes up the remaining 80%. There’s a reason whey isn’t just the best-selling protein powder on the market. Today, however, the best-selling supplement, period: build lean muscle mass. No other protein is digested as quickly as whey, with its amino acids entering the bloodstream in 60 to 90 minutes. This allows you to quickly activate muscle protein synthesis. to incite
Muscle growth, which is especially important during exercise when the muscles are ready for it. Another benefit of whey is that it is the richest source of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) of any dietary protein. The three amino acids that BCAAs are most critical for muscle growth and also provide a source of energy for muscles (more on BCAAs follows). muscles and helps deliver whey amino acids to muscles faster.
Dose: Take around 20 grams of whey upon waking, within 30 minutes of your workouts, and then again within 30 minutes after your workouts.
FitBasket Recommended Whey Proteins:
- Pole Nutrition 100% Whey (https://fitbasket.in/product/pole-nutrition-100-whey-protein-powder-5lbs/)
- Dymatize Elite 100% Whey (https://fitbasket.in/product/dymatize-elite-100-whey-protein-5-lbs/)
- Muscletech Nitrotech 100% Whey Gold (https://fitbasket.in/product/muscletech-nitrotech-100-whey-gold-5-53-lb-2-5-kg/)
- Dexter Jackson Legend Whey (https://fitbasket.in/product/dexter-jackson-legend-whey/)
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (https://fitbasket.in/product/on-optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-100-whey/)
This is one of the most researched and effective nutritional supplements ever to hit the market. Research confirms that creatine can increase muscle mass by around 10 pounds and muscle strength by more than 10%. As you may have heard before, creatine does this. In fact, it increases the weight of the water in the muscles and draws more fluid into the cells. But this fluid stretches the muscle cell membrane to signal an increase in muscle protein synthesis, resulting in true long-term muscle growth.
Dont listen to your know-it-all friend who says creatine only increases water weight. Creatine also provides muscles with a quick source of energy to fuel muscle contractions during exercise. In fact, creatine is a critical energy component of muscle cells. When you have more of that energy available, you can do more reps with a given weight, leading to gains in strength and muscle mass over time.
Dose: Depending on the form of creatine you are using, take 1-5 grams pre and post workout with Whey Protein. If you’re taking creatine monohydrate, you should do a loading phase for the first five to seven days. To do this, take 5 grams four to five times a day with meals. On training days, take two of these doses before and after your workout. The loading phase is followed by 5 grams, both before and after training.
FitBasket Recommended Creatine Powder:
- Kaged Muscle C-HCL (https://fitbasket.in/product/kaged-muscle-c-hcl/)
- GNC Powder Creatine (https://fitbasket.in/product/gnc-powder-creatine-monohydrate-powder-250gm/)
- Sunline Alaska Creatine (https://fitbasket.in/product/sunline-alaska-creatine-monohydrate-5000mg-300-grams-60-servings/)
- Myogenetix Creatine (https://fitbasket.in/product/myogenetix-creaine-300-grams-100-servings/)
- Optimum Nutrition Creatine (https://fitbasket.in/product/gibbon-creatine-250-grams-83-servings/)
Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) include leucine, isoleucine and valine. Of the three, leucine is the most critical for muscle growth for two main reasons. First, it activates muscle protein synthesis in muscle cells. which means greater potential for muscle growth. The second reason is that leucine increases insulin levels, an anabolic hormone released by the pancreas that helps glucose, amino acids, and creatine reach muscle cells. Leucine also decreases the breakdown of muscle proteins and increases muscle protein synthesis. However, all three BCAAs are important because your muscles can use them as direct sources of energy, especially during exercise, allowing you to train harder with less fatigue. Therefore, all day BCAAs are ideal for anyone looking to maximize their gains. Take before your workout (for energy), after your workout (for better recovery and muscle growth), and first thing in the morning (to stop muscle breakdown and put your body in an anabolic state)
Dose: Take 5 grams of BCAAs upon waking, within 30 minutes of starting your workouts, and then again within 30 minutes after your workouts.
FitBasket Recommended BCAA Powder:
- Scivation Xtend BCAA Powder (https://fitbasket.in/product/scivation-xtend-bcaa-0-86lbs/)
- Kaged Muscle Hydra Charge (https://fitbasket.in/product/kaged-muscle-hydra-charge-288-g/)
- Dexter JAckson BCAA 6000 (https://fitbasket.in/product/dexter-jackson-supplements-bcaa-6000/)
- Pole Nutrition Amino Liquid (https://fitbasket.in/product/pole-nutrition-amino-liquid-1000-ml/)
- BioTech USA BCAA Zero (https://fitbasket.in/product/biotechusa-sports-nutrition-bcaa-zero/)